SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Located in the heart of the East Tennessee mountains, Free Will Baptist Family Ministries has focused on "getting attached" to hurting children and families since 1939. Working alongside the Department of Children's Services, FWBFM Foster Care provides high-quality foster homes that seek to meet a child's physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
This position oversees and provides the agency’s treatment service activities relating to best practice, licensure, accreditation, contractual, and internal requirements. The family specialist will directly provide individual and family case management activities. It is essential for the family specialist to develop courteous, supportive, professional, and collaborative relationships with all programs/services within and external to the agency. The family specialist reports to the Administrator of Family Services.
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a social service or related field.
- Must have at least one year of experience in a social service agency or related;
- Must be proficient in use of the computer: word processing, data entry, and designing and creating spread sheets and data tables/charts;
- Must be self-directed, organized, detail oriented and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be willing to travel to various offices and service centers of the agency, as well as conduct training and facilitate meetings;
- Must have thorough understanding and commitment to timeliness and have a sense of urgency in meeting the needs of the children;
- Must be willing to travel to various service providers, offices of the agency or general transportation of youth;
- Must be willing and able to completely in all trainings and or facilitate trainings/meetings;
- Must subscribe to the agency’s Mission Statement, Organizational Values, and Beliefs.
- Must be able to enter non-handicap accessible buildings.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of the family specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Possess strong knowledge of internal and external standards relating to service delivery and how to research standards to find needed information.
- Ensure the provision of individual and family case management responsibilities and ensure this provision is documented as required by standards.
- Provide seamless case management to youth and their natural, foster, or adoptive families.
- Serve as resource for agency staff:
- Train staff on topics related to dealing with different populations served by the agency.
- Train clients in a variety of coping skills utilizing standardized curriculum.
- Teach/train natural, foster, and adoptive parents standardized parenting skills as well as individualized techniques for working within their family.
- Serve as liaison with clinical service coordinator and community mental and physical health service providers.
- Monitor treatment service program files for compliance to ensure standard compliance through training and/or necessary corrective action.
- Develop and ensure completion of corrective actions plans from internal or external monitoring.
- Provide after hour on call support for clients during scheduled rotation.
- Assist with development of all treatment planning activities and ensure service provision is congruent with the goals of the treatment plan.
- Be a good will ambassador for the ministry at all times.
- Work collaboratively with relevant state departments to provide services to each youth and family as specified by the state Plan of Care and the treatment plan.
- Be an advocate for the clients.
- Perform other job duties as required as this is not an all inclusive job responsibility listing
The position will require case management work from the home or office. Travel will be required to the foster homes, therapy, court, etc. A company car and gas card are assigned for employee’s travel responsibilities. We offer a competitive benefits package, and our staff utilize the best in technology with digital filing and paper-free case management, new MacBooks, iPads, and iPhones. Eligible for referral bonus. This position will cover the Johnson City and surrounding area foster homes.