The primary responsibility of the teacher's aide will be the management of student behavior in the classroom or adjunct school settings. It is essential for the teacher's aide to develop courteous, supportive, professional and collaborative relationships with all educational staff, students and student family members. The Teacher's Aide reports to the classroom Teacher.
Minimum Job Qualifications/Requirements:
1. Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or GED. Some level of related educational training preferred.
2. Must have one year prior experience in direct care or teaching aide experience.
3. Must be self-directed, organized and detail oriented;
4. Must be physically able to participate in activities with clients;
5. Must possess an F endorsement on State of Tennessee driver’s license;
6. Must subscribe to the agency’s Mission Statement, Organizational Values, and Beliefs.
7. Must be able to enter non-handicap accessible buildings.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Provide direct care and supervision of clients during school hours.
2. Complete required documentation for educational files as required.
3. Assist in the completion of various educational assessments.
4. Complete and submit serious incident reports according to provider manual guidelines.
5. Complete the monthly performance reports as directed by the classroom teacher.
6. Assist the in development of student educational plans.
7. Attend all required trainings and ensure required yearly training hours are obtained.
8. Conduct required fire drills and other required safety reviews.
9. Complete all other tasks as directed by the classroom teacher.
Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00AM to 3:30PM
This is considered a full-time position and is eligible for full company's benefit package