SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The position of Residential Tech provides stability and the framework needed for the residents to receive proper instruction and training. The Residential Tech strives to build relationships with the residents and their families. Daily teaching and mentoring enable these relationships to be built. The Residential Tech reports to the Residential Coordinator.
1. Possess a minimum of a high school education or GED. Additional education is preferred;
2. One (1) year experience working with youth is highly recommended.
3. Must relate to youth on a fair, firm and consistent basis;
4. Possess a valid driver’s license with an F endorsement or the equivalent;
5. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
6. Must be 21 or older (if under 25 driving record checked every 6 months otherwise every year)
7. Must subscribe to the agency’s mission statement, organizational values and organizational
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of the Residential Tech include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Provide a safe and nurturing environment to youth in care.
2. Teach all components of skill development curriculum to youth in care.
3. Maintain physical upkeep of cottage, yard and van in accordance with agency and health
4. Schedule all appointments, i.e. doctor, mental health, dental, etc. as stated in plan of care
and/or as doctor recommended.
5. Administer medications in accordance with agency procedure.
6. Monitor resident’s educational program.
7. Maintain communicative relationship with resident’s family specialist at FWBFM.
8. Fulfill requirements as directed by Human Resources Department.
b. Personnel file documentation (legal, medical, etc)
c. Any other information as requested
9. Provide direct supervision for night/support staff.
a. Coordinate staff schedules.
b. Conduct performance evaluations as outlined in employee handbook.
c. Conduct pre-service, on the job, and ongoing training as required.
10. Provide a proper role model for residents.
11. Participate in CQI activities.
12. Maintain positive and professional interactions and relationship with residents and their
families, agency personnel and the public.
13. Be a good will ambassador for the agency and its residents.
14. Ensure provision of resident transportation to all medical, clinical, recreation, treatment and
15. Fully comply with administrative and Program Service policy and procedure and the
personnel practices manual.
16. Report all events as required by the serious incident reporting procedure.
17. Serve as an advocate for the resident.
18. Complete and submit maintenance requests as needed.
19. Provide line of sight supervision to residents.
20. Maintain security of agency vehicles, cottage, and other agency property, including keys.
21. Develop and oversee resident participation in daily treatment schedule and cottage routine.
22. Serve as the primary mentor the emotional and spiritual development of residents.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $12.00 per hour
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is: