This position oversees and provides the agency’s A&D treatment service activities relating to best practice, licensure, accreditation, contractual, and internal requirements for the A&D program.
The A&D therapist will directly provide or coordinate individual, group, and family counseling and will provide the direct case management activities. It is essential for the A&D therapist to develop courteous, supportive, professional, and collaborative relationships with all programs/services within and external to the agency.
The A&D therapist reports to the agency’s Executive Administrator of Program Services.
1. Possess a minimum of a Master’s degree in a social service field.
2. Must have at least one year of experience in a social service agency;
3. Must be proficient in use of the computer: Microsoft products, databases, reporting
4. Must be self-directed, organized and detail oriented;
5. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
6. Must be willing to travel to various offices and service centers of the agency;
7. Must possess the ability to conduct training and facilitate meetings, and
8. Must subscribe to the agency’s Mission Statement, Organizational Values, and Beliefs.
9. Must be able to enter non-handicap accessible buildings.
1. Adhere to American Counseling Association (ACA) Code of Ethics.
2. Handling case-loads and group sessions.
3. Possess strong knowledge of internal and external standards (CARF, DCS, Department of Mental Health, etc), relating to service delivery and how to research standards to find needed information.
4. Oversee the A&D program to ensure the provision of individual, family, and group counseling, execution and documentation as required by standards.
5. Facilitate groups in accordance with DCS, CARF, and DMH standards
6. Serve as resource for agency staff, and liaison with community mental and physical health providers.
a . Agency staff on topics related to dealing with different populations served.
b . Residents in a variety of coping skills utilizing standardized curriculums.
c . Natural, foster, and adoptive parents standardized parenting skills.
8. Monitor treatment service program files for standards compliance and address issues.
9. Therapist will execute severity indexes, TASI completion, treatment plans, treatment for co-occurring illnesses in and meet with L2E clients in accordance with state guidelines.
10. Provide on call support for your case load clients and peers case loads.
11. Complete and maintain all required trainings.
12. Identify the need for additional or complimentary programs to support best practices.
13. Perform other job duties as required.
1. Serve as a member of the agency Program Management Team.
2. Serve as a member of relevant task forces within the agency.
3. Assist senior management in producing information for Continuous Quality improvement reporting
4. Participate as member of CARF Steering Committee.
5. Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement activities of the agency.
6. Serve as a member of the restraint review committee.