SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Housekeeper performs a variety of housekeeping functions in order to provide a safe, sanitary & comfortable environment for residents, visitors and employees. They clean floors and resident rooms, empty trash cans and maintain all housekeeping equipment. They will function as Laundry Aide as scheduled. They will maintain all laundry equipment.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to read, write and follow simple written and oral instructions
• Must be willing and able to perform repetitive and routine tasks and be able to maintain constant and consistent workflow
• Must be willing to do whatever is necessary to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other associates, hospitality and comfort for its residents.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Dust mop all floors as assigned.
• Wet mop all floors as assigned.
• Vacuum floors as needed.
• Sweep outside entrance ways.
• Clean windows (inside and outside) as needed.
• Dust and disinfect all surfaces.
• Dust mop under resident’s furniture.
• Empty trash cans.
• Clean and disinfect bathrooms (resident and public) thoroughly.
• Wash all doors in building as assigned.
• Dust and arrange furniture.
• Clean walls.
• Wash all laundry and residents clothing when soiled.
• Maintain all logs necessary in Laundry area.
• Monitor for any damage to linen and report to Administrator.
• Keep housekeeping equipment in good working order and clean.
• Report unsafe conditions which may jeopardize residents, visitors and employees.
• Become familiar and conform to company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Be of good character.
• Be considerate and compassionate to elderly and disabled persons.
• Display professionalism both in appearance and in attitude.
• Exhibit initiative and willingness to learn.