This position oversees and provides the agency’s treatment service activities relating to best practice, licensure, accreditation, contractual, and internal requirements. It is essential for the family specialist to develop courteous, supportive, professional, and collaborative relationships with all programs/services within and external to the agency. The family specialist reports to the Administrator of Family Services.
1. Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a social service field.
2. Must have at least one year of experience in a social service agency;
3. Must be proficient in the use of the computers and computer software: word processing, database entry, designing/creating documents, emails, etc.
4. Must be self-directed, organized and detail oriented;
5. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
6. Must be willing to travel to various offices and service centers of the agency;
7. Must possess the ability to conduct training and facilitate meetings, and;
8. Must subscribe to the agency’s Mission Statement, Organizational Values, and Beliefs.
9. Must be able to enter non-handicap accessible buildings.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Possess strong knowledge of internal and external standards relating to service delivery and how to research standards to find needed information.
2. Ensure the provision of individual and family case management responsibilities and ensure this provision is documented as required by standards.
3. Provide seamless case management to youth and their natural, foster, or adoptive families.
4. Train clients, parents adoptive parents, co-workers in a variety of parenting and coping skills utilizing standardized curriculums and individualized techniques.
5. Serve as liaison with clinical service coordinator and community mental and physical health service providers.
7. Provide after hour on call support for clients during scheduled rotation.
8. Assist with development of all treatment planning activities and ensure service provision is congruent with the goals of the treatment plan.
9. Attend the required hours and topics of training during the pre-service, on the job, and annual service periods.
10. Be a good will ambassador for the ministry at all times.
11. Work collaboratively with relevant state departments to provide services to each youth and family as specified by the state Plan of Care.
12. Perform other job duties as required.
Full Time Position - travel within the state required
Monday thru Friday with occassional weekend hours and/or on call
Full Benefits Package Eligibility