- Possess a minimum of a high school education or GED. Additional education is preferred.
- One (1) year experience working with youth is preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with an F endorsement or equivalent.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be 21 or older.
- Must subscribe to our agency’s mission statement, organizational values and beliefs.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Must have a current physical (within the last 6 months) or ability to obtain one
- Must have a TB test (administered within the past year) or the ability to obtain one
-Completion of initial trainings and job shadowing
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide a safe and nurturing environment for our youth in care, and act as a proper role model and advocate.
2. Teach all components of skill development curriculum to our youth in care.
3. Maintain upkeep of cottage and yard as per company standards.
4. Complete all needed youth appointments for medical, recreational and social visits
5. Administer and obtain refills of medications in accordance with agency procedure.
6. Monitor resident’s educational program and homework assignments and assist as needed.
7. Maintain communicative relationship with resident’s family specialist
8. Provide required record information/documentation as per HR.
9. Participate in Process Improvement activities.
10. Maintain positive and professional interactions and relationships with residents and their families, agency personnel and the public.
11. Be a good will ambassador for the agency and its residents.
12. Ensure provision of resident transportation to all medical, recreational and social activities.
13. Fully comply with administrative and Program Service policy and procedural guides.
14. Complete and submit cottage maintenance requests as needed.
15. Maintain security of agency vehicles, cottage, and other agency property including keys.
16. Develop and oversee resident participation in daily treatment schedule and cottage routine.
17. Attend all scheduled meetings
18. Complete all documentation as per program service guidelines and requirements.
19. Perform other job duties as required.
The above description reflects the general duties necessary to perform the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $11.00 per hour
PPE is provided as necessary.