Free Will Baptist Family Ministries is striving to present Christ to every boy and girl to lay the foundation on which they can rebuild the broken pieces of their lives. You can partner with us and be a part of making a difference in the lives of hurting children and their families. Here are some ways you can help:
- Pray for Us – We need prayer warriors to intercede on behalf of the children and staff at Family Ministries.
- Give financially – Consider putting us in your church’s (or your own) monthly budget. All gifts are tax-deductible.
- Adopt a Project /Volunteer – Bring a group to help us with mission projects at The Oaks Retreat. An endless list of everyday tasks must be done in the upkeep of the retreat center.
- Contribute to a specific need – We focus on different appeals throughout the year. Consider a Mother’s Day offering, Vacation Bible School offering, give to our school supply drive, send Christmas gift cards, organize a pounding, fund a 15-passenger van and the Wish List goes on.
- Sponsor a Table for The Hope Center Celebration – Fundraiser for Family Ministries’ Crisis Pregnancy/Resource Center.
- Stay informed – Email us at email@example.com or sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, keeping you up to date on the happenings at Family Ministries.
- Donations – Consider donating something you no longer need (example: boat, car, land, stocks, bonds, antiques, etc.).
THANK YOU to every church, individual and organization that supports Free Will Baptist Family Ministries!
Many of our supporters have their funds in savings, CDs or other cash-type accounts. There can be several advantages to making a cash gift to us at year-end. First, of course, is seeing your gift help children and families as it supports our daily services. Second i sthe tax savings provided by an itemized deduction for the value of your gift.
There are many of our friends who might consider other types of gifts. Appreciated property such as stocks, bonds, real estate or others provide special opportunities for either outright gifts or lifetime income gifts. The appreciated assets may be given to Family Ministries without paying taxes on the appreciation and provide a charitable deduction based on a full fair market value.
On the other hand, depreciated assets you wish to give should be sold and the proceeds given to the Ministry. This way you can claim the loss up to applicable limits and also deduct the value of the actual gift amount.
It is even possible to join Family Ministries to make a gift that provides you and a survivor income as long as either of you live. These gift-giving agreements are IRS approved and vary in the details, but have the following general characteristics:
- Income, paid at a specified rate and frequency
- A partial tax deduction for the gift based on the rate for the assets donated
- Final benefit to Family Ministries
Call our development office at 423-278-1573 for more information regarding the exact arrangement best fitting your personal needs and wishes.